Due to end-of-year laziness on my part, I never managed to share my November and December Birchboxes but, seeing as I did take some photos, I thought I’d do a 3-in-1 post so grab a cuppa and prepare for some beauty goodies!
Arriving with the most cringe-worthy theme of ‘#squadgoals’, November’s Birchbox was a collaboration with Skinnydip, known for lovely mobile phone covers. Inside the rather beautiful box were these goodies:
- Acquaconfort Cream from Delarom – a rejuvenating moisturising cream for the face
- Featherlash Mascara from So Susan – a great black mascara promising thicker, fuller lashes
- La Crème de Teint from Absolution – a lovely tinted moisturiser
- A body lotion from Beauty Protector – I’ve mentioned before that I don’t really get that excited by body creams in Birchbox but this smells pleasant enough
- A Lord and Berry neutral lip liner in the shade Silhouette – I am intrigued by this translucent lip pencil that is meant to be used to line the outside of your lips to prevent lipstick bleeding
- Finally, my favourite item…a pack of nail wraps from Thumbs Up. I received the Rosa design and love this graphic floral print that can be worn alone or over nail varnish.
Overall, a decent box – I love the nail wraps and thought the Lord and Berry item was very original.
I was expecting something glitzy for the Christmas box and Birchbox didn’t disappoint! This month’s box arrived in a cute clutch bag that would be great for a night out. Inside there was:
- A foaming shower gel from Rituals in the scent T’ai Chi – I already own a rose-scented version of this and love it. It is so luxurious to use and this also smells amazing.
- A face mask from Roloxin – I hadn’t heard of this brand but do enjoy a good face mask
- A firming moisturiser from Monu – this contains lavender which is sadly a smell I just can’t stand…one for my Mum I think!
- A mini Ciaté nail varnish in the shade Mistress – I really didn’t need another one of these polishes but this is a stunning bright red shade.
- A full-sized Lord and Berry crayon lipstick in the shade Fire – a gorgeous orange-red lip pencil that feels very moisturising on the lips with a slight glossy finish. This alone is worth £10, making this box such good value.
- Finally, a fabulously-packaged kit from Benefit designed for pre and post partying. This little set contains mini versions of They’re Real eye-liner and Puff Off eye gel. I haven’t tried either yet but the packaging alone won me over!
I think this was a great box and definitely felt very Christmassy!
January’s box arrived earlier this week, full of New Year enthusiasm with a Pinterest collaboration.
- The first item I picked up was this set of 5 postcards, illustrated by Victoria Semjonova – I especially love the nail varnish one!
- Cowshed body lotion – this is a really decent sized sample and I love Cowshed products. This is rose-scented so it’s right up my street.
- Cleansing Water from Absolution – I think this is akin to a micellar water but smells amazing. I look forward to trying this to take off my eye make-up.
- Benefit Tinted Primer – a primer for your mascara? I can’t say this is something I feel I am in great need of but am always open to trying new products.
- Birchbox compact mirror – nothing special but always handy.
- A ‘Moisturising and Repairing’ shampoo and conditioner set from Parlor – I really like that Birchbox have sent both the shampoo and conditioner to try so you can really get a feel for the products together. I’m looking forward to using these peach-scented items.
- A ‘Waterliner’ from Jelly Pong Pong – a brightening eyeliner to be used along the waterline to give you a wide-eyed, more awake look. This is very creamy and can also be blended and used as a highlighter.
Overall, a fab start to the year from Birchbox with a good mix of brands…and well done if you made it to the end of this product-heavy post! x