I’ve had a lovely few days with my parents and have pretty much spent the weekend shopping and eating! I picked up some bargains in TKMaxx, a beautiful copper light in IKEA and finally introduced my Dad to Wahaca (he’s a fan!).
Sadly, I have two days of essay prep and writing ahead – not quite as fun but I will be so happy when it is done and I can stop thinking about it.
Today’s recipe makes a batch of delicious cookies containing one of my favourite ingredients…peanut butter! Matched with strawberry jam, it is a perfect combination and great with a cup of tea.
50g of butter or margarine
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons of peanut butter – I used the crunchy kind
8 tablespoons of self-raising flour
Strawberry jam (about 8 teaspoons)
How to make it
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4 and lay baking paper on an ovenproof tray
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy
- Add the egg yolk and peanut butter and mix well
- Next add the flour and mix until a soft dough has formed
- Grab a plum-sized amount of dough in your hands, roll into a ball then flatten slightly on the baking tray
- Use your thumb to make a little well inside each cookie
- Spoon your jam into the centre of the cookies
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown then enjoy!