Another day, another courgette recipe! I am seriously obsessed with this vegetable at the moment and it is making its way into almost everything I cook.
This time I wanted a tasty and slightly healthier alternative to chips to serve with burgers and I thought I would try making ‘courgette chips’. Still not completely sin-free but one of your five-a-day and absolutely delicious!
A couple of teaspoons of plain flour
A generous pinch of smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
A glug of milk
A glug of olive oil
A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Prepare your courgette by slicing them into batons – I discard the soft, seedy centre as they just don’t keep their shape
- Next, grab two saucers or small bowls and add the flour, paprika and some salt and pepper to one and a glug of milk to the other
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat
- Dip your courgette chips into the milk then coat in the flour
- Add to the pan and lightly fry until golden brown
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese