We’ve had a very grown-up/ slighty boring day of getting stuff done. You know, the kind of thing that you don’t look forward to but that gives you a real sense of achievement when you have gotten it out of the way. Today I have been for a run, done some laundry, upgraded my phone contract (new iPhone…yay!), got a headlight bulb replaced, bought black tights, restocked the fridge, and baked some cupcakes and a quiche – phew!
Seeing as it is absolutely freezing at the moment, the only thing I look forward to doing in the evening is snuggling down on the sofa underneath a fleece blanket with a brew to watch something good on TV. Here are my current TV/ Netflix faves:
- Girls – a series I love! We are only a few episodes in to the new series but it looks a good’un and never fails to make me laugh. Hannah is such a great character, especially when there is a scene where she dances!
- Broadchurch – not quite as gripping as the first series in my opinion but it is making me long for a day at the beach! I was expecting this to be a brand new storyline but it is so heavily linked to the last one that I find myself a bit lost sometimes as I can’t quite remember the different characters and their stories from almost a year ago. I think if I had watched the two series in closer succession I would enjoy it more.
- Suits – we are watching this on Netflix and it is very slick and witty but there does seem to be a bit of a formula for each episode as they can feel quite similar. I love a good legal drama though and this is easy viewing.
- The Hotel – this is a love/ hate programme as it always makes me cringe but is somewhat captivating viewing on a Sunday evening! It sometimes feels like this is set 10 or more years ago but you cannot fault Mark’s efforts to entertain. I shudder at the food they serve though…deep fried eggs anyone?!
- Grey’s Anatomy – Ian’s not a fan but I love this show and am on Series 6 now. I tend to have this on in the background when I get home and start blogging or marking books. The storylines are great although there are a few tearjerkers.
- Cucumber – I’ve only seen two episodes of this and am yet to make up my mind. I think it is trying much too hard to shock and provoke as gay characters just aren’t that unusual nowadays. I do however like the storyline with the main character so will continue watching a little longer (I don’t plan on watching the two spin-off shows though.)
- The Great British Sewing Bee – not strictly underway yet but I did watch their recap show last week which has got me all excited about the new series starting soon. I know nothing about making clothes but that didn’t stop me getting hooked on the last series and the beautiful Patrick!
Finally, there are three series I am really looking forward to over the next few months: Game of Thrones, House of Cards and Better Call Saul (the Breaking Bad spin-off show)
Are there any other must-see shows I’m missing?!