Apparently today is ‘Blue Monday’, the day where a lot of people start to abandon their New Year Resolutions and generally feel quite rubbish about January being so cold, dark and bleak. That’s rather depressing to read and I think it’s a load of rubbish – don’t let a date or the media dictate when you should feel miserable or happy. Yes, it is always that little bit more of a challenge to get out of bed on Mondays but don’t beat yourself up about it!
In an attempt to stay cheery, I thought I would share my weekend purchases from IKEA as we all love a good haul post, don’t we?
I went with nothing particular in mind to buy so could just feel free to browse and pick up a few items that caught my eye, including:
- This lovely stag front door mat; the perfect welcome when you come over for a brew
- Some wrapping paper. IKEA have a great little stationary collection now with cool notebooks, washi tape and wrapping paper. I picked up a few rolls of this brown paper style which should keep me going for a good few birthdays.
- New bedding. Since we decorated our room with a yellow and grey colour scheme, we found we don’t have much in the way of bedding that really goes. I picked up two grey and white sets for an absolute bargain; the striped set was £13 with an IKEA Family Card and the wiggly set was only £4.50!
- New cushions. An easy way of adding a pop of yellow into our bedroom to keep the colour scheme consistent.
- Milk bottle vase. Only a pound and very useful for my blooms.
Not a huge haul, but a few nice bits and pieces to add to our home.