Dogstooth, Houndstooth…I’m not really sure which is correct but I do know I am in love with this autumnal manicure!
As I mentioned previously, when Ian and I went to Palma for the day, I tracked down a Sephora and treated myself to a few sets of their nail wraps.
Over the years I have worked my way through several brands of wraps and the Sephora ones are by far the best I have ever tried. They don’t pucker, they are really easy to apply and seem to last as long as a normal manicure without any peeling.
Here is a really quick nail tutorial on how to apply these wraps:
- Begin with clean nails
- Select a nail wrap that is the correct width for your finger, remove the top film and the peel the nail wrap (sticker) off
- Place it on your nail, smoothing it down from the cuticle upwards
- You can use scissors to trim the wrap but I like to use a nail file and file off the excess
- If you have tiny nails like me, you can also make one nail wrap stretch to two nails, doubling your manicures from the pack!
- Finish the look with a generous layer of top coat. I couldn’t resist using a matte top coat for this look and I think it really goes
I even persuaded Ian to let me have a go at applying one on his big toe so I could see what it would look like as a pedicure….ahhhh the things my husband does for me.
I love this print on clothes and like it just as much on my nails. I think this would also look great as a statement nail paired with a deep jewel-toned autumnal colour.
If you are ever in Sephora, I highly recommend these wraps – in fact, I am kicking myself for not investing in a few more designs!