It always feels good to have gotten Monday out of the way. I have my Pilates class to look forward to after work which helps time fly but it’s nice to know the week is underway!
This week, I am determined to make the most of my evenings and try and get at least one job done that I have been putting off for ages, such as sorting out my new passport, writing to a friend, and booking a weekend away with Ian over Easter – all things that will make me feel really good once I know they are done!
Today’s recipe is a lovely and easy midweek treat. The lemon sauce is vibrant and tangy but not too sharp and you can serve it with a nice salad for lunch or have it for dinner with rice or potatoes.
I find myself choosing chicken wings and thighs over breast now. Yes, it’s a bit more fiddly to eat but I think the darker meat is so much more flavoursome and always seem to stay moist.
75ml of good quality olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Begin by preheating the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5
- Lay your chicken pieces in an ovenproof dish
- Make your marinade/ sauce by combining the olive oil, the juice of 2 lemons, the onion, garlic, thyme, oregano and a good grinding of salt and pepper
- Pour this lovely lemony sauce over the chicken and ensure all pieces are well coated
- Cut your third lemon into slices and wedge them between the chicken pieces
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with the sauce poured all over!