This is turning into a very busy but good week so far. I’ve had a lovely few days at work, spending a lot of time outside gardening, and we are being naughty and having fish and chips for dinner tonight to celebrate Ian getting a rather good promotion at work!
These tasty flapjacks have several flavours from the Middle East that work together perfectly to produce a chewy, fruity, nutty flapjack…they didn’t even last until breaktime when I took them in to the staffroom at work!
150g of butter
150g of soft, brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons of honey
175g of oats
50g of chopped pistachios
150g of dried apricots, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 160°C, Gas Mark 4 then grease your baking tray. I admit to having a bit of a job to get the flapjack out when it was cooked so I would recommend lining your tray with greaseproof paper too!
- Melt your butter in a small pan, then add the sugar and honey until melted
- Put the oats, pistachios and apricots in a mixing bowl and pour over the melted butter mixture
- Stir well then transfer to the baking tray
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool, slice and eat!