Despite still having this horrible cold and sniffing constantly, I have had a lovely sunny Sunday in the garden. Ian very kindly brought me tea and bagels in bed which was a perfect start to the day.
Our besties Hannah and Ben came over for a lunch so Ian and I spent the morning prepping lots of lovely nibbles then we fired up the BBQ and enjoyed a few hours in the sunshine, eating and drinking to our hearts content!
I also had a beautiful bunch of flowers as an early birthday present which I shall enjoy for the next week.
This time next week we will be in our airport hotel, trying to get an early night ready for our flight to Vegas early the next morning. I have been counting down for months and it is so surreal to tell people we are getting married a week on Wednesday!
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share my Las Vegas Bucket List which contains some of the fun things I want to do when we are away. The teacher in me has to resist sucking the fun and spontaneity out of holidays by writing an itinerary (!) so this list will be an exciting way to work our way through Sin City!
1) Get married! Kind of an obvious one and I think I would be in trouble if this wasn’t at the top of my list!
2) Take some cool photos. Last time that Ian and I went to Las Vegas, I got a little bit cocktail-happy in Hooters, hit the slot machines and managed to lose my camera on our first night! We ended up using a rubbish disposable one for the rest of our holiday (bought from the hotel gift shop) which didn’t take great photos so this time around I want to capture all the little things I missed last time!
3) The Hotels. Unless you have been, it is hard to understand the scale of the hotels in Las Vegas – you can climb the Eiffel Tower, ride a Venetian gondola and see a live volcano erupt within the same evening! I plan to have a wander through as many of the themed hotels as we can and my personal highlights are the Bellagio Fountain display, the Mirage volcano display and the New York New York rollercoaster (thrill-seekers!)
4) The Las Vegas Sign. The ‘logo’ of the city, I would love to see it properly this time.
5) Eat! It is no secret that I love to holiday in the States and one of the reasons for that is the food! I have a little list of cafes, bars and restaurants I want to visit in Vegas including the Bellagio buffet (for our wedding breakfast!), the Cheesecake Factory (the biggest slices you have ever seen!) and The Cupcakery.
6) See a show. Last time, we saw an amazing production of Phantom of the Opera and also a really fun medieval jousting show and this time I would love to see a Cirque Du Soleil show.
7) Gamble! I have to admit that I am not a huge gambler or risk taker but I think it is one of those things you have to do when in the casino capital of the world!
8) Visit the Neon Museum. We may run out of time to fit this one in but I would love to see this museum of old neon signs from Vegas’ past.
9) Shop! Pretty self-explanatory really but there are so many brands I love which are so much cheaper to buy in America so I plan to stock up on them.
10) Drive through the desert. In Las Vegas, it is easy to only look at the amazing hotels and flashing lights but if you are up high enough you will see the Strip is surrounded by stunning red rocks. Although I will be sad to leave the city, I cannot wait to drive through the desert onto our next adventure (although we are both a tiny bit scared about driving abroad for the first time!)
So, there are my top 10 things to do in Las Vegas…have I missed anything?!