Well, after teasing us all with a few days of sun it is bloody snowing again! I am back in thermal socks and getting through the day with lots of cups of tea.
I spent yesterday with my best friend which was lovely. She introduced me to an amazing little pizza place but unfortunately we were defeated by the two we ordered and ended up taking our leftovers home!
Today’s recipe is a fresh, tasty pasta dish that is quick to prepare for a light dinner through the week. Artichokes are one of Ian’s favourite vegetables and we always have a jar of them in the cupboard to add to salads or on top of a pizza.
A good glug of olive oil
4-5 shallots, chopped
2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper
A pinch of chili flakes
Half a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, about 100g
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Enough pasta for two people – I used spaghetti
1 lemon (you will need the juice and zest)
How to make it
- Cook your pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, heat your oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the shallots
- Cook for 5 minutes until they have started to soften
- Season your pieces of chicken breasts well then add them to the pan with the chili flakes
- When the chicken has started to brown, add the artichokes, garlic and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Add the lemon zest to the pan and stir well
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and then serve whilst hot
- I had mine with a little sprinkling of Parmesan and a large glass of red!