Do you ever find yourself with half a French stick going stale and no idea what to do with it? I used to too, until I discovered these incredibly easy and delicious little toasts.
I hate throwing food away and ‘leftover cooking’ can force us to be a little more creative with ingredients, sometimes with great results!
This recipe involves minimal ingredients and preparation but they are delicious and it means you don’t have to waste any food…win win!
About half a French stick, a few days old
A handful of tomatoes, cherry or normal ones, sliced
Salt and pepper
How to make it
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4
- Slice your French stick and lay the pieces flat on an oven tray
- Top each slice with some tomato
- Season well and sprinkle over the oregano
- Drizzle over the olive oil and pop the tray into the oven for about 20 minutes or until the toasts are golden brown
These are also lovely with a fresh basil leaf on top and a chunk of mozzarella!