I decided to treat Ian to his favourite lunch this week and bought some smoked salmon, cream cheese and bagels; the New York deli classic.
After making our lunch, I was left with half a packet of lovely, pink smoked salmon to use up and I decided to make this delicious, creamy pasta dish.
It is quite indulgent but you can swap the cream and cream cheese combination for low fat crème fraîche if you are being good!
I think this is a lovely supper to serve over Christmas and it also tasted lovely chilled if you wanted to serve this as a cold pasta dish for a buffet.
Enough pasta for 2 people (I used chunky tubes of pasta for this dish)
50ml of white wine
50ml of single cream
About 150g of smoked salmon (I used 3 slices), chopped
2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese to serve
How to make it
- Begin by cooking your pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente
- Drain the pasta and set aside
- In a large pan, heat the white wine for a few minutes
- Add the cream and mix well
- Now add the smoked salmon, cream cheese and parsley and season well
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well so that all the pasta is coated
- Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese