I did it!
After 16 recipes, a lot of washing up and a few pounds gained, I have completed my cooking challenge, and I have really loved doing it!
I think having a deadline of sorts gave me a kick to be a bit more disciplined in my meal planning and it has been great trying so many new recipes, many of which I will make again in the future.
And by beautiful coincidence the final recipe comes from my beloved Spain.
This is one of my absolute favourite tapas dishes and reminds me of sitting by the sea in Spain with a cold cerveza and a selection of fresh seafood in front of me…perfecto!
Gambas al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Prawns)
A generous glug of olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
A pinch of chilli flakes
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 tray of fresh king prawns (about 200g)
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
A squeeze of fresh lemon
Crusty bread to serve
How to make it
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a frying pan, over a medium heat
- Add the garlic cloves and chilli flakes and cook for a minute, taking care not to burn the garlic!
- Add the paprika and prawns and cook for another few minutes until the prawns are cooked
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a warm serving bowl
- Sprinkle over the parsley and squeeze a lemon over the top
- Serve with crusty bread, dipped into the delicious garlic oil, and a fresh salad