Hello and Happy Friday!
Unfortunately, this seems to be turning into a bit of a weekly blog at the moment – not on purpose, of course, but my days are currently consisting of teaching, marking, home, cup of tea, painting, dinner then bed!
I have to really ‘feel it’ to sit down and write properly and more importantly I need to have actually done something, been somewhere new and exciting or cooked a delicious new dish to have something interesting to share!
I blame the weather…it has been rubbish lately and quite uninspiring. The other day, I was looking back over some of my posts from March, when the first signs of Spring started showing, and I was so happy and positive about things. I think I must have that seasonal disorder as when it is grey and gloomy all I want to do is sit in my pyjamas with Ian, a bottle of wine and a good film!
However, we have been busy and the living room is almost done. I spent ages wandering up and down the aisles of various DIY shops with colour charts in hand, trawling for the perfect paint colour and I think I have found it in the rather beautifully names ‘Lavender Grey’. It was one of those situations where I could picture the colour I wanted in my head but I wasn’t sure if it actually existed – luckily the hunt is over! And if you could have seen what it was like before then you would know how excited I am to be close to finishing room number one!
We have our new windowsills in, our new fireplace has arrived, the walls are almost done and we just need to apply the beautiful new paint, get some shelves up so we can finally finish unpacking and then voila!
Today’s recipe is one that I tasted at a friend’s house, loved (thanks Sandy!), and then adapted it to the recipe you see below.
They are so easy to make and absolutely delicious! The base is simply an Oreo cookie, which is then topped with a lovely simple cheesecake and baked to perfection.
Ingredients (to make 12)
1 pack of Oreo cookies
200g of cream cheese
50g of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Line a muffin tray with paper cake cases and then pop a whole Oreo cookie into each one
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth
- Crush the remaining cookies in the pack (I had about 4 left in mine after I had a sneaky one with a cup of tea as I was making these!) and then add these cookie crumbs to the cream cheese mixture
- Next, fill the cupcake cases until almost full and then put them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until they are a light brown
These little delights are lovely warm, with a bit of cream poured over the top.
Have a great weekend! xxx