Wishing you a very happy Easter weekend
We have been on a big walk today to try and justify all the delicious treats we have had over this long weekend, including today’s breakfast recipe!
I love a long walk in the country to clear your head and get your blood pumping again, and we used to have to drive to the woods to do so whereas now we feel so lucky to have views like this five minutes stroll away from our house…
And the walk was topped off by spotting our very own baby Easter Bunny on the way home!
Today’s recipe is a fantastic way to start your day and as blueberries are in the ‘superfoods’ category you can pretend that this is also a really healthy breakfast (as you drizzle the pancakes in maple syrup!)
These lovely little pancakes are really quick and easy to make and great to serve if you have guests over the Easter weekend.
200g self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
300ml of milk
A small tray of blueberries (about 120-150g)
Some butter (for cooking)
Honey or maple syrup (for drizzling)
How to make it
- Put the flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl and create a well in the centre
- In a jug, mix together the milk and egg and add slowly to the mixing bowl, incorporating more and more of the flour mixture until you have a smooth batter
- Add just over half the blueberries, making sure you keep a small handful back for serving, and stir into the batter
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat a knob of butter on a low to medium heat then add a ladleful of the pancake batter
- Once this first pancake has taken its shape, you can make 2 or 3 at a time
- When bubbles appear on the uncooked side of the pancake, flip it over and cook the other side for a few minutes until golden brown
- Serve straight away with some fresh blueberries and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup…delicious!
These pancakes also make a tasty pudding, served with some ice cream on top. One flavour that I think will go very well with these blueberry treats is my newest discovery; Ben and Jerry’s ‘Oh My! Apple Pie!’ ice cream. This combines a fresh apple ice cream with chunks of apple and crunchy pieces of pie crust, all with a hint of cinnamon throughout – perfect!